If you are keen on going in for a meal plan for extreme weight loss it is important that such diets should consist of some basic components. Portion control and calorie restrict are important points to be taken into account when going in for extreme weight loss.
Going in for extreme diets on a short term basis can help you to reduce your body weight significantly, after which you can go in for a maintenance diet that is sustainable over a long term period. Further adding some advanced dieting techniques can certainly bring in a lot of results.
Extreme Weight Loss Diet Basics
Understanding the basic principles of extreme weight loss will make us follow this program better.
In simple words, you must eat less and go in for fewer nutrients than what you are normally used to.
To burn one pound of body fat, it requires a reduction of around 3,500 calories. So if you follow a pattern of reducing your calorie intake by 500 to 700 calorie each day you can create the deficit of 3500 calories in a week.
- According to many such weight programs the first thing that is sought from the clients is to go in for frequent and smaller meals than the traditional three large meals consisting of breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- It would be ideal to split the 3 large meals into 6 smaller meals. A good fat burning program recommends three small meals supported by two or three snacks.
- Choosing the right food is also very important. Opting for lean proteins such as chicken, fish or turkey and moving over to low glycemic carbohydrates such as oatmeal, sweet potatoes and whole grains are some examples. Shifting to avocado, olive oil and nuts and seeds can also help you to achieve your goal as far as extreme weight loss is concerned.
- Extreme Weight Loss Benefits
There are a number of benefits associated with extreme weight loss programs.
- If we opt for three large meals, it results in release of large amounts of insulin. Since insulin is a very vital hormone for delivery of nutrients, it plays a big role in moving fats and sugar into body as fat cells for storage.
- When we eat more frequently the need to store fat gets reduced and could also prevent you from developing Type II diabetes.
- Further release of stress hormone cortisol also gets released and this helps because cortisol is known to shut down fat burning and assist in fat storage, particularly in areas like the stomach, abdomen, thighs and other parts.
Good Extreme Weight Loss Plans
See also: The Best Nutrition Guide For Weight Loss
Let us have a look at some good extreme weight loss plans.
- Such diets being low in carbohydrates should also have a 40-30-30 macro-nutrient ratio. With such low carb diets, it is possible for you to consume 30 to 50 grams of carbohydrates per day which equals to around ½ to 1 cup of oatmeal. This is an extreme diet plan and causes rapid fat loss. However, this is impractical as far as continuation on a long term basis is concerned.
- Hence we should look at options which provide 100 to 150 grams of carbs per day. The 40-30-30 plan is all about 40 percent carbohydrates, 30 percent protein and 30 percent fat which are considered the best.
There are also some advanced dieting methods which can play a big role in your extreme weight loss objective.
- You could even try and go in for cheat meals which can avoid dieting plateaus. A cheat meal is a meal that gives you the freedom to eat whatever you wish once in a week. This allows you to relax and helps you to recover physically, mentally and psychologically.
- Carb timing is also considered another important option whereby you take carbs only during those periods when you are in the highest levels of physical activity.